Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 140

Thread: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

  1. #71
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    TJ may very well be the superbowl mvp and i hope he is

    BUT

    Im still waiting for you to tell me what year it was he won the rushing title?

    And what slap in the face did the Bears give him? Id love to know that one. If 13 million dollars is a slap in the face, slap the $hit outta me more often please.

    Your still a homer though and noone ever said he should be Benson's backup. I just said Benson got a 43 million dollar contract with a 17 million dollar signing bonus, something has to give and eventually will.

    The Bears have never done anything to the guy that they havent done to anyone else. Its a business and until you quit thinking like a washed up bum that played for free back in the 1960s, youll never understand what Im getting at.

    You do realize Lovie Smith does not even have a contract past next season and is the lowest paid coach in the league right?

    I guess its a slap in the face to TJ to get a 13 million dollar contract while Lance Briggs makes 300,000 a year. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

    I just want to show me the year TJ won the rushing title since Im a liar. Even VThokie22 is a liar too, even though he always posts his thoughts with at least something to back them up. What year was it man, we are all waiting?

    Yeah I know, the bears could have never gotten to the superbowl without him, just like the bucs with a similar team didnt get there without him....oh wait, my bad, that was pittman's team. Truth is, running backs really dont mean all that much. Giving TJ credit for the bears being there is like saying it was LaDanian Tomlinson's fault that SD didnt make it. TJ is one part of a team, they all play well together and all need each other.

  2. #72
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    I have to say honestly that we don't know if the Bears would have been there if Benson was the featured back or not. Shoot we don't know if the Bears would have been there if Benson didn't exist either, maybe that one extra carry would have put TJ out.

    I can say with the extras that TJ brings to the table, I think he increased the odds more than Benson. Both contributed. To make it, most of the team has to contribute, and you also need a freakin lot of luck.


    Oh yeah...the only thing that I can think of as a slap in the face, and it was, was after the year that Jones had last year, the annointing of Benson as starter, without earning it. To me, yes, that was a slap in the face too. At least say its his to lose and then say he lost it [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #73
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    Benson wasnt made a starter just because he was annointed, he was made a starter because Jones wasnt at camp.

    Briggs wasnt at camp either and Leon Joe was made starter also.

    It wasnt a slap in the face to Jones, just team policy.

  4. #74
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    I think it's a little different for you, your a Bears Fan. I'm a Thomas Jones fan, so am I biased? Sure. At the same time, I do think the Bears are doing Thomas wrong, I didn't get to see the game last week due to going to the VT/Maryland game but on the way up there I was talking to my dad on the phone, and as soon as Thomas starting getting some carries the offense took off. Something will give, the Bears spent way to much money on Benson in my opinion, however he could turn out to be the next Otis Campbell for all I know. I do know this, if you've got a back who's rushed for over 200 yards and four touchdowns in two playoff games you dont get rid of him. Heres hoping TJ and the Bears are celebrating in Miami come Super Bowl Sunday.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #75
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    I will be wearing my orange #20 jersey next weekend for the Super Bowl. Even though I am a huge Manning fan I will be supporting Thomas and Da Bears....... Until Al Davis dies Mega I might have to jump on the Bandwagon with the Bears for a couple of years if you don't care..... Just kiddin, I hope you don't have to work that night so you can enjoy the game.... It has been a long time coming for Bears Fans...
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #76
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    Exactly, Im a Bears fan and have been for 20 years. Im not comparing TJ to Walter Payton or Benson to Gayle Sayers but Ive seen enough bears football in my lifetime to know that both of them are not elite runners. I realize you think that TJ was done wrong, but if you had seen the pounding the saints took from running Benson in goalline situations early, youd understand alot more the success that TJ had later. Desmond Clark has set some amazing blocks lately also. The big run TJ got was all Clark, he blocked two different guys on that play right near the line of scrimmage.

    The bears probably wont get rid of him since hes under contract for one more year, but realisitically, they wont give him a bigger contract, thats just not smart. Everyone here would love it, but in Chicago, Angelo would be crucified for such stupidity.

    These running backs arent even in Neal Anderson's league yet, let alone Walter Payton's. Im grateful for what TJ has done, but to be honest, Chester Taylor and Edge did basicall the same thing for their teams this year. Thats the reality of it all.

  7. #77
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    I got that day off man! I'll let ya cheer for them, I know you used to use the Cap Boso slant pattern that always worked even when he was covered on the original tecmo bowl [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

  8. #78
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    [ QUOTE ]
    Something will give, the Bears spent way to much money on Benson in my opinion, however he could turn out to be the next Otis Campbell for all I know.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Do you mean that he will be drunk and lock himself up in a Mayberry prison? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    mega, I could almost agree to a piont about Benson and his goal line rushes, but he wasn't being the agressor there either. To me, he seemed like he was taking more of a pounding than he was giving out. It seems to me as though the Chicago line trusts TJ more, and has more desire to block for him to a degree. Your also right that Clark done a great job of pushing the end up field, and releasing at just the right time to pick up the DB that was coming up to make a play on TJ.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #79
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    I thought you said you didnt watch the game? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    I just saw people with their hands on their hips and peoples heads popping back after the Benson runs. Everyone else gave him alot of credit for softening up the D.

    If you see Benson early like you did last week, then I guess that will be the gameplan once again, thats all Im saying.

    As for the bears giving him too much money PVfan, you gotta remember that the draft is slotted. Benson made less money than Braylon Edwards and more money than Cadillac Williams. Thats really the only way you can sign a draft pick these days. Realisitcally, Angelo has never overpaid for anyone, hes the king of the lowball. Ogunleye probably got the best contract since coming to the team, but that had to be done quickly, on the spot in a preseason trade.

  10. #80
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    Ask Mega, im the biggest Thomas Jones fan you can find, but I dont think the Bears did him wrong. Did the Bears make a mistake by drafting Benson that high? That remains to be seen, though the Bears in no way have mistreated TJ. If anything TJ and the Bears have been GOOD to each other. It gave TJ a chance to shine, and do away with his bust status, and it gave the Bears a good starting running back, that was dependable, and a leader.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •